The standard warranty period for new and manufactured items purchased from Wills Ridley is 12 months from date of purchase unless extended warranty is otherwise agreed prior to the order being placed.
Wills Ridley Responsibilities
If a defect in material or workmanship is found during the standard warranty period or the extended warranty period, as applicable, Wills Ridley (after inspection of goods at their works) at their discretion, will repair or replace faulty items with new or refurbished components. This can be completed by a Wills Ridley engineer or and engineer approved by Wills Ridley.
Components provided under the terms of this warranty are warranted for the remainder of the warranty period applicable to the product in which installed, as if such parts were original components of that product. Items replaced under this warranty become the property of Wills Ridley.
• Provide reasonable and customary labour needed to correct the defect, including labour to disconnect the parts that need to be repaired or replaced.
• If it is required for a Wills Ridley engineer to attend the vessel in order to carry out inspection or warranty work;all travel costs, accommodation and subsistence will be chargeable at current service rates. Labour and parts will be at Wills Ridley cost.
The user is responsible for:
• Providing proof of the delivery date to the first user.
• Labour costs, except as stated under “Wills Ridley Responsibilities.”
• All costs associated with transporting the product to and from the Wills Ridley place of business.
• Premium or overtime labour costs.
• Parts shipping charges in excess of those that are usual and customary.
• Local taxes, if applicable.
• Costs to investigate complaints, unless the problem is caused by a defect in Wills Ridley material or workmanship.
• Giving timely notice of a warrantable failure and promptly making the product available for repair.
• Performing all required maintenance (including use of correct oil and lubricants) and items replaced due to normal wear and tear.
Wills Ridley is not responsible for:
• Failures resulting from any use or installation that Wills Ridley judges improper.
• Failures resulting from attachments, accessory items and parts not sold or approved by Wills Ridley.
• Failures resulting from abuse, neglect, or improper repair or installation (where commissioning was not carried out).
• Failures resulting from user’s delay in making the product available after being notified of a potential product problem.
• Failures resulting from unauthorized repair or adjustment.
• Damage to parts, fixtures, housings, attachments, and accessory items, which are not part of the original supplied item(s)