Terms & Conditions
On the basis that the purchaser has accepted the following terms by submitting a purchase order, Wills Ridley Limited, (referred here after to as 'the Company') the purchaser accepts the following conditions:
1. Minimum order value of £50.00.
2. All orders must be confirmed in writing otherwise the company cannot be responsible for errors.
3. Terms - 30% deposit with remaining balance due prior to dispatch, unless otherwise agreed in quotation.
4. Purchasers requiring any form of certification for goods must inform the company at the time of placing the order.
5. VAT will be charged at the current UK rate unless an exemption certificate and/or proof of export is supplied with the order.
6. The company retains title and ownership of all goods supplied by them until payment has been received in full, otherwise the purchaser may only transfer title as our agent, irrespective of incorporation of goods in manufactured product, on condition that they act as trustee, responsible and accountable for any monies outstanding.
7. The company reserves the right to charge interest at 3% above bank base rate on overdue accounts.
8. The company reserves the right to charge the purchaser 5% of the order value for goods 3 months past the original delivery date stated in the purchase order, where the delay is not the due to the company. After 3 months the 5% will be charged on the 1st of each calendar month and the goods will not be dispatched until the outstanding balance has been paid in full.
9. Freight/Carriage will be paid by the purchaser unless otherwise agreed.
10. The purchaser accepts responsibility to inform the carrier and the company immediately on the arrival of goods which are damaged in transit. The purchaser must keep the goods and packing materials for possible inspection and photo evidence must be sent via email to email@example.com within 3 working days. Any shortages must be notified in writing within 3 days of arrival.
11. The purchaser must notify Wills Ridley of any damaged/faulty goods or missing items within 14 days of receiving the goods
12. The company cannot be held responsible for delivery delays outside their control.
13. The company only accepts returned goods by agreement, which will be subject to a handling charge of 25%.
14. All goods are subject to manufacturers' warranty terms. Suitability for application is the responsibility of the purchaser. The company does not accept work to be carried out on goods which it has supplied and are considered by the purchaser to be faulty, without prior written consent. ie the company cannot be held responsible for errors in typing, description, illustration and specification which are intended only as a guide.
15. For Warranty Terms and Conditions please click the link at the top of this page or please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
16. When Wills Ridley receives a purchase order this is acceptance by the customer that they have read and agreed to our Terms and Condition and Warranty conditions.
ARBITRATION The contract will be governed by the provision of Incoterms 2000 issued by ICC. Any dispute arising from this contract should be firstly negotiated. If amicable agreement cannot be reached, the dispute should be submitted to Cornwall Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI) for final settlement. The award rendered by the arbitration shall be final and binding upon both parties. This arbitration fee and any concerning cost will be born by losing party.
The standard warranty period for new and manufactured items purchased from Wills Ridley is 12 months from date of purchase unless extended warranty is otherwise agreed prior to the order being placed.
Wills Ridley Responsibilities
If a defect in material or workmanship is found during the standard warranty period or the extended warranty period, as applicable, Wills Ridley (after inspection of goods at their works) at their discretion, will repair or replace faulty items with new or refurbished components. This can be completed by a Wills Ridley engineer or and engineer approved by Wills Ridley.
Components provided under the terms of this warranty are warranted for the remainder of the warranty period applicable to the product in which installed, as if such parts were original components of that product. Items replaced under this warranty become the property of Wills Ridley.
• Provide reasonable and customary labour needed to correct the defect, including labour to disconnect the parts that need to be repaired or replaced.
• If it is required for a Wills Ridley engineer to attend the vessel in order to carry out inspection or warranty work;all travel costs, accommodation and subsistence will be chargeable at current service rates. Labour and parts will be at Wills Ridley cost.
The user is responsible for:
• Providing proof of the delivery date to the first user.
• Labour costs, except as stated under “Wills Ridley Responsibilities.”
• All costs associated with transporting the product to and from the Wills Ridley place of business.
• Premium or overtime labour costs.
• Parts shipping charges in excess of those that are usual and customary.
• Local taxes, if applicable.
• Costs to investigate complaints, unless the problem is caused by a defect in Wills Ridley material or workmanship.
• Giving timely notice of a warrantable failure and promptly making the product available for repair.
• Performing all required maintenance (including use of correct oil and lubricants) and items replaced due to normal wear and tear.
Wills Ridley is not responsible for:
• Failures resulting from any use or installation that Wills Ridley judges improper.
• Failures resulting from attachments, accessory items and parts not sold or approved by Wills Ridley.
• Failures resulting from abuse, neglect, or improper repair or installation (where commissioning was not carried out).
• Failures resulting from user’s delay in making the product available after being notified of a potential product problem.
• Failures resulting from unauthorized repair or adjustment.
• Damage to parts, fixtures, housings, attachments, and accessory items, which are not part of the original supplied item(s)